PCS Coaching in Chandigarh
Gyan Sagar Institute, Chandigarh has been ranked as the Best PCS Coaching in Chandigarh. The Institute’s years of experience has got it the expertise on the subject and this experience is the boon for the students studying here. The Institute has set new standards in the arena of quality education which could not be matched.
Being a part of the administrative services has always been a matter of great prestige and honor. Administrative services have become synonymous to honor and it brings a great admiration in the society. The services though are not easy to get into. The exam conducted for making recruitment to these posts ranks among the few toughest competitive exams.
The State Government under article 315 of the constitution conducts its own Exam for making recruitment's to State Administrative Services.
Punjab Civil Service Exam (PCS) is a combined competitive examination held by Punjab Public Service Commission for recruitment of different services and posts for state administrations. The exam is difficult and requires a deep study and practice for getting through it.
From expert teachers to apt coaching pattern, the Institute provide everything in the best of the quality.
After Clearing the PCS Exam, the candidates can get to serve in any of the following departments:
- Punjab Civil Service (Executive Branch)
- Punjab Police – Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Deputy Superintendent of Jails/District Probation Officer
- Excise & Taxation Officer
- Block Development & Panchayat Officer
- Labour & Conciliation Officer
General 32 Years
Other Backwards Castes (OBC) 35 years
Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) 37 years
For Deputy Superintendent Police 28 years
The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree from any State recognized University.
About the Exam:
The exam is conducted at three levels:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Paper I is of General Studies which consist of 100 questions carrying a total of 200 marks
- Paper II is a Civil Service Aptitude Test which consists of 80 questions carrying a total of 250 marks.
The total time duration allotted to complete the exam is 2 hours.
General Studies Exam consists the following topics:
General Sciences, Environment sciences, History, Geography, Polity and Economy of India, General Sciences, Environment sciences, History, Geography, Polity and Economy of Punjab and Current events of national and international importance.
Civil Service Aptitude Testconsists the following topics:
- Reading comprehension; Punjabi and English language comprehension, antonyms and
- Synonyms, grammar and sentence formation.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning, analytical and mental ability
- Basic numerical skills; numbers, magnitudes, percentages, numerical relation appreciation
- Data analysis; Graphic presentations, charts, tables, spreadsheets.
The Candidates who have qualified the Prelims are required to apply for the Mains exam.
- General Studies I
- General Studies II
- Comprehension of English
- Correct Grammatical Expression
- Usage and vocabulary
- English Composition
- Précis writing
A deep knowledge of origination and modernization of Punjabi Language.
- Knowledge of current affairs and subject
- Their ability to write a subject in form of easy
- Socio Political issue
- Aspect us of culture and history
General Studies 1:
Static knowledge on History, Geography and Sociol- Economic development of the Nation.
Knowledge of Current affairs of National and International Importance
General Studies 2:
- MCQ Question based on political, art and culture
- Governance, Indian Constitution and polity
- International relation
- Indian Economy
- Statics, analysis, Graphs etc.
The Optional Subject Condition is still on and the students can opt for any of the following subjects as their choice:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Literature of one of the languages
This paper too will consist of 150 questions which will be based on the chosen subject only.
Why Choose Us?
- Civil Services are an extremely difficult career field. This requires a lot of dedication on part of students to get through it. We promise to stimulate their effort by being equally devoted and focused towards their success.
- The Exam needs a deep knowledge on all the subjects which makes the involvement of erudite faculty a mandatory factor. Our faculty are experts of their subject and their years of experience is sure to impart the requisite knowledge to you too.
- We put our maximum efforts in preparing detailed study material. This is an important aspect of the entire training and coaching. A complete study of our study material promises success to the candidates.
- The Institute focuses attention on quality and not on quantity, which is the reason every students gets what he asks for. The syllabus is covered as per their pace and convenience and every students is deal exclusively to be able to correct the aberrations in a better way.
- We conduct regular mock tests to keep a check on student’s performance and help him with the best of our effort.
SCO 118-120,3rd Floor,Above SBI Bank
Call Us : 7307961122
Visit Site : PCS Coaching in Chandigarh